Conservation Resources Inc.
Land Trust Alliance
Trust for Public Land
J.M. Sorge Inc.
From L to R: Engaging workshops and presentations, NJIT Campus,
Exhibitors and attendees networking
|2014 RALLY PLANNING COMMITTEE
Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions
D&R Greenway Land Trust · Duke Farms Foundation · FAV Consulting, Land Preservation & Management
Monmouth Conservation Foundation · New Jersey Conservation Foundation · NJDEP Green Acres Program · NJDEP Land Use Regulation Program ·
Raritan Headwaters Association · State Agriculture Development Committee
Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association .The Land Conservancy of New Jersey
The Nature Conservancy · Trust for Public Land
|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the New Jersey Land Conservation Rally?
The annual New Jersey Land Conservation Rally is one of the nation’s largest statewide conservation training events. The Rally is a daylong educational event offering more than 30 workshops, plenary sessions, and networking opportunities.
Over 300 conservationists attend each year. All workshops are at least 75 minutes long and multiple sessions run concurrently. There are also pre-Rally Field Trips which highlight preservation efforts.
Who is the audience?
The New Jersey Land Conservation Rally attracts a diverse audience. Here is the breakdown of 2013 attendees:
• 30% represented land conservation nonprofits, either land trusts that acquire land or those that steward land
• 16% from government entities, including federal, state, county and municipal leaders, including members of open space committees and environmental commissions
• 15% from other non-profit organizations
• 11% from private companies that support land conservation, such as appraisers, title companies, attorneys and environmental consulting firms
• 28% others, including students, foundation representatives, unaffiliated individuals and other private companies
The experience and skills of Rally attendees vary tremendously, from professionals with years of experience to new volunteers and students.
Who are the presenters?
Our presenters are a knowledgeable and experienced group of professionals in conservation-related fields.
For questions, please contact Laura Szwak at 908-234-1225, ext. 117.